Student Well-Being



Look out for yourselves and each other.

There are times in our lives when we need emotional support. Sometimes it seems that things are building up and we can feel overwhelmed. It is not always a good idea to keep our worries locked up inside as they can get worse. You may need to talk to someone.

Who can I talk to in school?

You can talk to your form tutor, RSL, subject teacher, or mentor? If you are not comfortable approaching a member of staff, you can pop a note into one of the post boxes around the school, and someone will come and find you,

What if I don’t want to talk to someone in school?

There are lots of support networks outside of school where you can get advice or who you can speak to anonymously.

Headscape is a one stop source of self-help about a range of mental health issues and conditions for young people to browse at leisure. There is also a self-assessment tool with an option for self-referral.

The Mix is a UK based charity that provides free, confidential support for young people under 25 via online, social and mobile.

Tel: 0808 808 4994 1-2-1 Chat service 11am – 11pm daily


If you are having thoughts of suicide or are concerned for a young person who might be you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice.

Mon – Friday 10am – 10pm / Weekends 2pm – 10pm.

Call: 0800 068 4141
Text: 07786209697
Email: [email protected]

The Samaritans: this is a 24 hour service which is available every day of the year

Call: 116 123

Email: [email protected]